First up, Happy Lunar New Year to all of you out there! Gong Xi Fa Cai! Huat Ah! In just a blink of an eye, we are already in the second month of the new year. Gosh, time seems to fly by exceptionally fast this year and 2011 hasn’t been as smooth-sailing as I thought it would be. Nonetheless, it’s the Year of the Rabbit ( according to zodiac beliefs) and I was born 24yrs ago, thus making this my year. I’m a “Rabbit”! This blog has been, sadly, much neglected and collecting dust so here’re some quick updates!
Chinese New Year. Polaroids with my dearest sisters 🙂
1) Received my personalized name charm necklace from ES Creations on CNY Eve, just in time for me to flaunt this adorable piece for the Lunar New Year! Love this vintage-inspired piece that is complete with intricate details such as a white dove and peachy rose. Afraid of meeting someone with an identical design? Fret not! You will be given the opportunity to choose your very own font and embellishments, hence each piece is uniquely made with love! Don’t wait any longer, get yours now in time for this Valentine’s Day!
2) I’m usually not a sucker for overly kawaii stuff but the thought of owning a miniature McDonalds Box Set was too irresistable and I eventually caved into temptation and made an impulsive purchase! How ironic, considering that yours truly is not even a fan of McDonalds and fast food in general (with the exception of MOS Burger)!
3) Just re-connected with an acquaintance from University at Buffalo via facebook and I found out that she’s operating a very successful bakery business in Japan! Her cake shop has been featured in many local Japanese magazines and is so successful that it has even attracted an international cliente! A very impressive feat for someone who’s so young and it’s inspiring to see an acquaintance turning her passion for healthy baking into a full-fledged business. Sometimes, it makes me reflect upon my own life and wonder about my accomplishments in life.
Visit Risako’s Cake Shop at Miss Dolce ! 🙂
* all pics credit to Miss Dolce
4) I’m an avid fan of My Milk Toof, a highly popular pictorial blog that chronicles the lives of 2 adorable milk teeth! What started out as a personal pet project of Korean artist, Inhae, eventually turned out to be so successful that she even came out with her own line of My Milk Toof merchandise, ranging from limited edition postcards to accessories! Her creative & hilarious pictorial stories of Ickle & Lardee never fail to put a delightful smile on my face whenever I’m down or tired after an exhausting day @ work. Her highly anticipated book “The Adventures of Ickle & Lardee” will be out in March’ 2011 and I cannot wait for her to unveil more surprises and new adventures of her 2 leading characters! Have already gotten my hands on the book via pre-order in Amazon! Have you gotten yours too? 🙂
Many years later, a little tooth was standing at my door. It looked familiar. Its name was ickle. Welcome home, my milk toof!”
5) Signed up for a stint as a guest contributor for COZYCOT Ezine (Travel section for now). Am very excited about this prospect!
6) Planning for our short getaway to Bali next weekend. Drinks
@ KU DE TA BALI. Cheap spa treatments. Lounge at our private pool villa. Give it a shot at surfing? Basically, take a break from the working world and indulge in some R&R time! Looking forward to the trip!