Well, it’s gonna be the end of the year once again. And like what I never fail to say each year, “I can’t believe that it’s already the end of the year”. Being out with friends and partying for the past few New Year countdowns, I decided to opt for a quiet one with my family this year. Looking back, 2008 has been nothing but a truly marvelous year … especially when compared to the rather insipid 2007. To quote Amanda, 2008 = “supercalifragilisticexpidalidocious!!!” Just some highlights off my head …
Some positive highlights of 2008:
1) Started the year off fantastically when MK baby asked me to be with his gf and off we had our first kiss right after the countdown at Zouk. Looking back, I didn’t exactly think that we would hit out first year together because I was just fresh out of a previous relationship and was therefore pretty much confused about my new-found feelings for MK. Life shuts 1 door and another opens. There were several mistakes that I committed at the start, but baby was forgiving enough to look past that. Honestly, having him in my life has been such a positive and motivational factor – helps keep me on track to strive towards my goals and desires. The reason why I wake up smiling every single morning. Like every couple, there were definitely moments whereby we argued and disagreed on stuff but on an overall basis, it was an excellent year of creating fond memories. Took our r/s to a higher level as we committed ourselves to having a brood of hamsters as pets too and embarking on travelling journeys together.
” Love is passion, obsession, someone you can’t live without. If you don’t start with that, what are you going to end up with? Fall head over heels. I say find someone you can love like crazy and who’ll love you the same way back. And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart. I’m not hearing any heart. Run the risk, if you get hurt, you’ll come back. Because, the truth is there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love – well, you haven’t lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven’t tried, you haven’t lived.”
– William Parrish –
2) Without a doubt, the chance to head over to UB for an academic semester. Which I really have to THANK MY PARENTS FOR. 🙂 🙂 One of the best gift of love. It was 4mths of enriching experience – interaction with many nationalities, establishing close friendships with some of them, going on the various excursions that allowed me to explore more of Upstate New York, a different pace of living (sometimes, a bit too slow and boring for my liking) which gave me ample time to reflect and ponder more on the important stuff that I should devote more time to, than the frivalous stuff that comes and goes so quickly. It’s been a learning journey for me, adopting new perspectives and changing some selves of mine. Some for the better, some for the worse … Gain some and lose some.
To work as a *erm…* cable-gal for a sports production for ESPN, which I eventually found out that I was paid for! My first and probably only paycheck working in USA. To end it all off with an awesome yr-end vacation with my family and baby. Take in the hustle of the city life in Toronto and Manhattan during Christmas season, snow-ski and snow-tub in the mountains and taking all of the glory of the majestic Niagara Falls. Icing on the cake was when I realised I scored 1 A- and 4 As for this semester. 🙂 On my way to accomplishing my goal.
3) My short stint as an events planner. It was nothing too fabulous or grand but this chance gave me a glimpse of the operational works behind events/functions. To work everything from the generation of theme concept for the events to sourcing and liasing with sponsors and fashion labels to the advertising & promotions for it. It’s mainly for rather small-scale events in clubs but I truly hope that this experience would pave way for me to work in more established companies in the near future.
4) To volunteer as a dresser for models during the Singapore Fashion Festival 2008. The chance to dress the various models and to witness all the chaos that goes behind the scene just mins before the fashion shows start.
5) To participate in the Great CLEO Swimsuit Shoot with hundreds of other bikini-clad gals. And to top it off, to appear very briefly on a commercial for “Fashion TV” with Olivia, Juliet, Camy and Lina at Cafe del Mar.
6) Starting this blog, with the main aims of recollecting the memories I have, as well as to keep my family and friends in the loop of what’s happening in my life (if they’re interested). It’s almost like a “baby” to me. Surprisingly, this blogging experience also brought about new friendships for me.
7) Lastly, a very materialistic highlight but it’s my first so there’s the ego side of me wanting to showcase. :p It’s said that “Diamonds are a gal’s best friend”. My family’s gift for my 21st Birthday 🙂 No big rock but I love it. Love it. Picture and editing thanks to sister Amanda 🙂
A Happy New Year to ALL !!!